Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Short and Sweet

Calories in: 11,343
Calories out: 17,153
Deficit: 5,810
/3500 = 1.66 projected pounds lost
Minutes of exercise: 298 / 4.96 hours
Pounds lost this week:.4
Total pounds lost: 35.2


If only we looked as calm as this stock image when we have too much to do. And with perfect eyebrows.


Well, it's happened. I'm officially stressed about having two writing projects, so I'm keeping this blog short. In my other writing life, I'm working on my third novel (two completed, still trying to find an agent), and the writing is flowing. And the magic of the flow shall not be interrupted!

Having worked the process of a novel before, when I find myself lost in the details of my story, I know that things are getting good. For example, the other day my husband and I were having dinner and fell into that comfortable marriage silence. He asked, 'What are you thinking about?" Me: "That Aurelius speaks Latin and Uther speaks Old English, is that what you were thinking about?"

He gave me a look like I'm from Mars. But in a good way. He knew he married a nerd.

The good news is that the balance of exercise and life is stabilizing. The numbers are off this week, but I'm also on my period which is a bitch. Damn you bloat! It's not uncommon for my weight to shoot up 1-2.5 pounds at this time and then fall off at the end. I've also rested on days when I was exhausted and set my exercise goals at 45 minutes a session instead of an hour. I also have not fasted in a week because I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I'm thinking for my sanity, I may check in every two weeks on this blog -- or possibly every three, I'll just have to see how it goes.

In the off weeks, I'm thinking about using this space to post first drafts of chapters for my new book. The elevator pitch goes: Gwen and Lance are modern scientists who time travel back to the Lost Century to weave their way into Arthurian legend.  Think 'Wicked' but instead of Elphaba and her band of animal friends, Gwen juggles opposing warlords.

What do you guys think? Up for reading some first drafts of my new project? I will take as many extra sets of eyes as I can get!

Until next time,
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short and Sweet

Calories in: 11,343 Calories out: 17,153 Deficit: 5,810 /3500 = 1.66 projected pounds lost Minutes of exercise: 298 / 4.96 hours Pounds...